Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Day in the Life of a Mom

Ok, so I've had one of those days where you wonder "Did I get
anything done?" My answer is a resounding "NO". Well, first
let me tell you that my server for work is down and my boss is
on a cruise, so I have no immediate work issues. One would
think with no work to do, I could actually clean my house and
get some things knocked off of my "to-do" list. Ahhh, ha, ha, ha.
What I wouldn't give for that. As you have probably guessed,
I didn't get any of the above done, hell I didn't get to think
about them. Why you ask? WE ARE OFF-TRACK. Please
someone help me. I am drowning in "What can I do's?" and
"Can we go ....... today?" Don't get me wrong it is nice to have
Abby home and to have nowhere in particular to be. Its just the
endless fighting (and yelling) and the instant messes that they
are able to create. (Truly, they have a gift for messes) I thought
it would be nice to vacuum today, (which would have taken less
time that what I had to do) but I had to pick up and put away
the tornado trail that would have been sucked into my vacuum.
(probably would have ruined the vacuum and not the toys) It's
quite sad when you have to clean up, before you clean. Please
tell me I am not the only one with this problem? Oh, and to add
to the mix, Haddie
is potty-training. I know I am crazy.
She is doing great, up until the unexplained accidents of poop
and pee at the same time in big girl panties. I say unexplained
because not 2 minutes before the accidents, she went on the
potty. I dunno. You'd think also not having ANYTHING to do,
we could go some fun places and get some Christmas shopping
done. This is not my luck or my life. #1 We don't have the money
right now (who does right?) which nixes out any fun places that
cost money right before the Holidays. By the way, if you have any
fun, FREE ideas, other than the library I will take any you can
throw my way. #2 Justun doesn't know what he wants me to get
him and neither does anyone else (except Abby & Haddie, who
of course, I can't buy for because WE ARE OFF-TRACK) I think
I don't like being off-track. I sit here wondering how the other
Moms do it, because for today I have failed miserably, and yet
here I sit blogging about it rather than cleaning. (I can't vacuum
NOW, it is way too noisy) After being a Mom for 5 years now,
you'd think I'd have it figured out, alas I can barely handle the
2 little munchkins. I'm a firm believer in "Payback's a Bitch"
and all I can say is my poor Mom. And, to everyone who has or
had more than 2 kids, YOU ARE TRULY AMAZING! I'd love to
hear your tricks, if you'd like to share. I guess to give myself
some credit at the end of the day: mostly everything has been
put away (key word is MOSTLY), dishes are done (by done I
mean loaded, not in the sink), laundry is going as we blog
(nowhere near done though), and the kids were fed and loved.
(Once, they fell asleep) All in all I guess I should get a pass for
today, I am after all still ALIVE and I didn't harm my kids.

10 comments:

Doney Days said...

You've just made me feel a whole lot better. I've had MANY days like that recently because of my pregoness. I often apologize to Dan when he gets home from work, saying "Sorry I didn't get ANYTHING done today." He always sweetly says, "are the kids fed? Are they alive? Then you did a whole lot!" And same goes for you! :)

Lara Phister said...

You are so funny Bree! Of course we all have days like that (which truly are my every days). My kids are lucky that they're alive at the end of the day, not that I would do anything to them, but they are truly going to hurt each other pretty serioulsy one day. Maybe Karate for both isn't such a good idea? Oh, the joy of boys. I'll trade you my two boys for your two girls...at least it would be a nice break! P.S. The elves are going to be at Gardner Village soon, and it's FREE!!!

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

This cracks me up. I know exactly how you feel. Don't worry, my turn for OFF TRACK is coming and will last almost a month with the holidays. YIKES! Anyway, I know you and I know that you are a fantastic mom and I know that you girls were loved and fed and played with all day. I promise you, that they will never remember that your house was not vacuumed today.

Brooke said...

Hey guys. Love your blog! Your girls are beautiful. And thanks for leaving a comment on our blog. I say "our" but we all know the men usually have nothing to do with it. MY blog. I have to tie him to the office chair to make him do the tags with me. Anyway, we would love for you to follow our blog. Just send me your email.
And messy houses, I think we take the cake on that one. Not only are the kids messy but mom and dad too. We're such pack rats. *sigh* Yet another thing to work on.....getting rid of "stuff".

Good to "see" you.

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

I know a free activity! Come to my house and let your kids tornado the basement with Easton! =) AND if it is a nice day they can go play at the park across the street. Let's get together!

Allison Claire said...

Of course I remember you Bree! I know it has been a long time. Thanks for the sweet compliments too. Your family is super cute! My husband said he had an architecture class with you at SLCC. That is probably where you know him from. If you don't mind, I am going to add you to my blog list so I can keep up with you. :) Good seeing you again! (well virtually) :)

Allison

Lara Phister said...

Sure we can be in a "Bad Moms Club" But I call president, you can be my VP, and press secretary so you can be the one to inform my kids of any "Mean Mom" decisions I make!

The Smith Family said...

I'm finally catching up on my blog reading...if that tells you something about a day in the life of a mom :) And we are never ON TRACK around here! Hang in there!!!

Mel & Annette said...

I thought when I had Cory (#2) that I would never accomplish anything or go anywhere again since I had two kids. It was awful. Even going to the grocery store was traumatic. But #3, 4 and 5 were easy. Everything just seemed to come together at #3. You're wonderful and we love you!

Deb-t said...

I totally forgot about all the "on-track, off-track" crap. Ugh! I loved being off track when we went to Rosamond but I honestly can't fathom doing it with my kids now. I would go insane!
By the way, this is a very funny post!