Thursday, September 30, 2010

Abby is 7

Who knew when their kids were younger and you kept hearing "Enjoy them now, they grow up so fast" or "Don't wish time away, they'll be grown before you know it" that those people actually knew what they were talking about? I was like "uh-huh whatever" and here I stand with a 7 year old reminiscing about her being a baby and wondering where 7 years went. I sure wish I could have more than just a few re-do's.

I have decided 7 is the turning point, they are no longer little kids. It makes me sad. So, here you go folks, I present my 7 year old:



We celebrated Abby's birthday while we were in Oregon and she thought it was so cool to turn 7 in another state!


Here she is standing next to her "BIG" gift from Mom & Dad, her keyboard and bench. And piano lessons and books. Who asks for that kind of stuff for their birthday? Well, you're lookin' at her! She was so funny and kept saying "No way, no way. Mom, NOOOO WAY!" I don't think she liked it all....


And all she wanted to do was go to the aquarium for her birthday and so that is just what we did. It was very cool and she was so fascinated with all of the animals and their "FACTS". She is the queen of "did you know...." and "listen to this..." I'm just glad she had a great birthday. I sure love her, she is a great kid.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS ABBY!

So for now, I will be okay with her being 7, but I will admit they do grow up right before your eyes and you do in fact wonder where all the time went. All those parents before us, they do really know what they are talking about =)

No comments: