Friday, December 12, 2008

I a "BIG" girl now!!

Wahoooo!!!
Well, Haddie is finally COMPLETELY potty-trained.
NO MORE diapers, do you know how much money that saves?
(well, we use pull-ups for naps and bedtime just in case)
About 2 weeks ago we told her if she could go 7 days with no
accidents we would take her to the store to buy a surprise.
Well, she did it and we are going on 2 weeks tomorrow.
I am so proud of her, I was worried that she was too little,
but the little stinker is too friekin' smart for her own britches.
You have to understand Abby didn't GET it until she was 3 and
even then poop was another story entirely. And, you are
probably wondering what prize she picked for potty-training,
one word: CANDY. No toy, no movie, no Barbie Corvette (Abby),
all she wanted was CANDY. Which also happens to be what she
wants from Santa. I LOVE THIS GIRL!!! Anyhow, I was going to
post a picture, but as my friend Karen so aptly put it, no one wants
to see a picture of my kid on the toilet. (Nor do I really want to take
one) I could have taken a picture of her with her CANDY, but I
really didn't think that far ahead. SORRY :( As for Haddie, she is
really proud that gets to wear "BIG" girl panties like Mom and Abby
and she sometimes refuses the potty seat with, "I no need it Mom,
I a big girl now, renember?" Its hard not to love the little stinker.
Way to go Haddie, you are a big girl!

9 comments:

The Smith Family said...

She is so amazing! Way to go Haddie!

Brooke said...

I LOVE potty pictures. I have one of each of my girls. She is young to be potty-trained. Good for her....and for you! Not having to change diapers is a great feeling, even if you still have to clean the floor once in a while.

Lara Phister said...

Yeah!! No more diaper buying, that is feeling is just as good as having a vehicle paid for!!! Good job Hadders, you are a big girl...and sick with the candy, it's way more gratifying than toys!

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

Way to go Haddie Bug. We are so proud of you. I think she even has the art of saying she needs potty just to go inside somewhere(my house, to see me) She is a smart little bugger, it usually takes them a while to get that one. Bree, I have to be honest though, you will truly miss the wipies always available.

Mel & Annette said...

Hey, hope you guys have a super Christmas!

Deb-t said...

Wow, that's always really exciting news!!! How old is Haddie?
Now you get to look forward to having to REMEMBER to take her potty before you go anywhere (and still will have to take her at every store you go to). Now it's the fun follow up work!

Jennilyn Proulx said...

That's Fantastic! Best Christmas gift ever! Yay for Haddie!

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

Hey, don't you have anything else to blog about? I need some stuff to read while I am here at home ALL ALONE!! HEHEHE!

Doney Days said...

Hey Bree! Where have you been? How's everything going? We haven't chatted in a while. You're a less-active blooger :)